Mark North conducts news interview with KOAA5

August 27, 2019
91 Views
212 Comments

Here is an article that Mark North from Petscams.com conducted with investigative journalist Patrick Nelson at KOAA5 News in Colorado on the fraudulent website harveyshihtzuhome.com.

The article centres around a local woman was scammed out of $300 by a suspected Cameroon syndicate.

Particularly, Patrick Nelson in his interview with Mark was interested in the role of money mules. Below is an excerpt which demonstrates our contribution to the article, as well as our expertise in how money mules operate:

Mark North: Harveyshihtzuhome.com

Mark North: Harveyshihtzuhome.com

This website, harveyshihtzuhome.com has been identified as a scam site by the investigators at petscams.com, an international organization that tracks these schemes. Since it was created in 2016, petscams.com has identified 18,000 of these sites as scams. Speaking with News5 on the phone from the UK Mark North with petscams.com says these schemes are a part of an international criminal network.

“What I can tell you about the scams is mostly, probably 90% of the time originate from Cameroon,” said North. “They operate as very sophisticated gangs. They are extremely dangerous. Effectively what they do is they start of by creating a website as I said or maybe 100 websites and they’ll try to net as many people as they can.”

So in this case, who picked up Bucher’s money in Minnesota? North says it’s a “mule”, or in other-words someone hired by the scammers who may not realize what’s going on.

“Many times these mules are not willing accomplices of the scammers. They are actually students or people from low income backgrounds who are laundering money on behalf of the scammers and it shows the extent in which they can manipulate not only the victims, but the mules themselves and it’s quite horrifying really,” said North.

Attribution:Original Article

What to do next?

As well as reporting this to the Registrar it is very important to report this crime to your local Law Enforcment. We have compiled a list of Law Enforcement agencies worldwide.You can find a link (here) as well as reporting wire fraud using money transfer agencies (here).

If you live in the US it is important to report this scam to the BBB. Click here to see why. As well as the Better Business Bureau you should report this crime to the Federal Trade Commission. See Here

212 Responses

1. If we all band together we can shut them all down. I realized that they will only open new websites. I guess this is why it is almost a full-time job. It is my mission to stop them. I don’t want them scamming anyone else.

100. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

101. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

102. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

103. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

104. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

105. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

106. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

107. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

108. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

109. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

110. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

111. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

112. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

113. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

114. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

115. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

116. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

117. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

118. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

119. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

120. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

121. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

122. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

123. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

124. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

125. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

126. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

127. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

128. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

129. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

130. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

131. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

132. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

133. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

134. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

135. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

136. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

137. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

138. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

139. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

140. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

141. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

142. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

143. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

144. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

145. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

146. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

147. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

148. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

149. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

150. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

151. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

152. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

153. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

154. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

155. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

156. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

157. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

158. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

159. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

160. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

161. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

162. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

163. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

164. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

165. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

166. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

167. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

168. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

169. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

170. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

171. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

172. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

173. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

174. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

175. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

176. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

177. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

178. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

179. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

180. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

181. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

182. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

183. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

184. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

185. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

186. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

187. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

188. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

189. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

190. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

191. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

192. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

193. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

194. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

195. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

196. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

197. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

198. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

199. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

200. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

201. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

202. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

203. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

204. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

205. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

206. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

207. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

208. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

209. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

210. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

211. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬

212. I wish all these pet scammers could get caught and serve time. I spoke to a lady the other day, she put a deposit down on a puppy and went back to their fake website, and they had taken it down. They took her money and ran!! 🤬